Home

Monday, September 19, 2011

Thrift Store Goodies!

I went thrifting today at our local charity/donation based store, Deseret Industries. (or the D.I.) I was looking for vintage/Victorian dishes for my sister for Christmas.
She currently wants to get mismatched dishes, cups, bowls, and flatware. Enough to serve her husband, 5 kids, and of course herself! Best place to find what she's looking for is second hand shops!



These first two photos are of the stuff I found for myself. Milk glass mug and little serving bowls, green blown glass bud vase, crystal candy dish (I broke the one we got for our wedding), HUGE mason jar, and one of those candy jars w/lid I'm going to use for seasonal candies. I paid between .50 and 1.00 for each of these items.

Now we get to the good stuff:
First, 4 (count them 1 2 3 4) Lotus bowls! I just saw one on MADE yesterday, and Dana was stating how she didn't realize they were so collectible..(click here to see more) then I walk into the store today, and they are the first things I find! Total score! And cost? .50 each! Yeah! (Check out these on Etsy..$30 for the exact set I just found for $2.00)


On to really cute mug, tart pan, and yellow plate. The tart pan is TOTALLY my sister. She can't wait to get her hands on it! (she only lives 900 miles from me, so she has to wait until Christmas! ha!)

And finally, the cute flowered set that I managed to find 2 plates, a bowl, and a creamer! (cream pitcher?)
Totally darlin. I also picked up 12 mismatched spoons and 2 forks for her. I'm going to finish finding knives and forks then I'll post them together.

Total cost for the loot? Including 2 toys for my kids? $23.00

Now that's shopping! I might just become addicted to this...

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya. I've seen some really cute ones to decorate your walls! LOVE. I may be right behind you, but I'm on a workout gear spending spree right now. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete