Home

Monday, September 19, 2011

Halloween Table Runner


I don't know about you, but we're all getting geared up for Halloween over here!
I've been getting all my Halloween fabric out, and working on some cute new projects!
I completed this 'burlap' table runner last night, inspired by this one I saw on Eighteen25

I had planned to have mine hanging over the edges of the sideboard, however after painstakingly cutting out the haunted house design on freezer paper, I went to iron the paper to the fabric and the fabric started SHRINKING!
(note: this isn't actually burlap, just a burlapy looking fabric I found on clearance at Joann's)

So I ended up cutting off about 8 inches of fabric that had odd shrunken crinkly spots on it, and there went my overhang. Oh well, it still turned out cute! FYI, I ended up drawing the patterns on with a fabric pen, then painting them freehand with fabric paint. Sounds difficult, but actually MUCH easier than painting on a t-shirt. Very little stretch to burlapy type fabric!

Now to get my skulls, witches, haunted houses, and other Halloween decor set up!

1 comment:

  1. Turned out really cute! I love your pumpkins too. I need to get my falls stuff out now! Awesome schmasome.

    ReplyDelete