Home

Monday, March 21, 2011

Mod Podge Frame!



Remember these cool napkins that I scored for $.97?


I played around with Mod Podge for the first time today, and used 1 of the napkins to make a picture frame!


I was told by some (not mentioning any names here...) that the Mod Podge would rip the napkin apart, the paper would become too saturated and easily shred...


I decided to experiment.


The napkin paper DID absorb a lot of the Mod Podge, probably more than paper would, napkins being made to absorb and all....


So the finished effect is textured, not smooth. But I think it looks pretty darn cool!



The bottom corner shows a wrinkle, but I don't think it detracts from the overall effect.


I grabbed the frame this morning at the Salvation Army for $.70 (it was a Pottery Barn frame too!), so this whole project cost me about $1.00, if that!


The frame was a blond wood, and the napkin became a bit transparent when saturated... you can see the yellowish undertone. Works well with the pattern!


Now I just need a new picture of my boys to display in my cool new frame! (coming soon...)

Can't wait to find something else to plaster with these cool napkins!

1 comment:

  1. yeah yeah yeah! Cute....

    J/K It looks great. I'm glad you tried it despite the obviously bad advice....

    ReplyDelete