Home

Monday, August 29, 2011

Stuffed Crabs!



Last week I managed to make it to Corn Wagon Quilts in Springville, UT
with my sister and sister-in-law. I found this Darling collection and it just screamed to be made
into something for my 2 boys. One of my companions suggested stuffed crabs (sorry, I don't remember which lovely lady had the great idea!)

So let's introduce you to 'Crab and Crabby'!

I initially thought I'd just cut the whole shape out and stuff it. For some reason, my brain decided that if I made the leg pieces separately, stuffed them, then sewed them into the body it would work out better (blue crab).... wrong.


Mr. Crabby (blue) is called crabby because one of his back legs is off by about an inch. Nothing my 2 year old will notice, but me.. I'll always know it's there. Mr. Crab (Orange) was cut whole piece and was much easier.
So lesson learned: Stick with your original instinct & don't over-think simple projects!

1 comment:

  1. Those are so great! I love the crabs-on-crabs. Love your sundflower wall hanging too.

    ReplyDelete