Home

Thursday, August 25, 2011

August in Bloom!

I was out wandering in the yard this morning and thought I’d share a few pictures

of all the pretty things in bloom!

August Yard 002

View of my back corner full of Sunflowers and Moon Flowers

August Yard 007

Oh the pretty Sunflowers!

August Yard 011

August Yard 009

And the Moon Flowers… They bloom at night and last through early morning.

Very poisonous, don’t eat them..

August Yard 016

These are the tops of my Garlic in bloom!

August Yard 017

Can never remember the name of these… pretty eh?

August Yard 018

Miniature rose bush

August Yard 019

Snapdragons! or as Douglas would say, “Dragon Snaps!” Always a favorite…

August Yard 020

My cool pole bean patch this year…and Dude’s chair being eaten by Moon Flowers…

August Yard 021

Cosmos I threw into a pot this year.. they’ve been blooming all summer!

August Yard 022

Front yard climbing rose… under more control since it fell of the house and I

chopped it down to the ground last year…

August Yard 024

Another fave.. Black Eyed Susans!

August Yard 025

Not sure on this one either… maybe a Hosta of some kind?

August Yard 027

Purple Butterfly bush!

August Yard 028

And my new-this-year White Butterfly Bush!

So there you go.. a visual tour of my bloomin’ yard right now! Ain’t summer awesome?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I miss the milder Utah summers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Show off!! Just kidding, I'm just jealous because nothing has survived this horrible,awful,dying in heat drought of Texas. Super jealous. I do want a picture of the entire yard all together though.

    ReplyDelete