Home

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

E-Fannie Vintage Sheet Quilt




E-Fannie? You ask?

This is my vintage sheet quilt that my sister Shannon finished quilting for me in June.

She and her family came up for the 4th of July, and she brought the quilt home to me! As I was binding it today, I came across a mysterious word quilted into the bottom left corner. (Pictured in the 3rd photo, but very hard to actually see it).

From the back of the quilt, the word looked like, "Canooddle" (photo 2)... which didn't make ANY sense to me, so I called her up to see what it was!

It HAD BEEN "Steffanie" from the front however, as I readied the quilt for binding, I trimmed off the "S". Then, as I bound the quilt, the "t" got covered up. So we were left with "effanie" (or einaffe...which somehow looked like canooddle from the back...don't ask).

Shannon and I joked about it being an Effanie quilt, then I though of E-Fannie (like E harmony... Electric Fannie!) I told Shannon she had just named my quilt!

It then came out that she had also quilted "Gypsy Bandana" into it (photo 1... also hard to see). How cool is that?

So this is now my E-Fannie Vintage Sheet Quilt!
Isn't it awesome?

Thank you, thank you for the quilting (and the name) Shannon!


P.S.... I was thinking about making pillow cases out of the leftover sheet scraps, but then thought.. duh, it's a vintage sheet quilt made up of tons of different sheets.. all my current pillowcases will already match! Ha!


Now I can make a cool bag or something out of the scraps!

No comments:

Post a Comment