Home

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sewing/Craft/Hobby Room/Studio!


I got my stuff moved into my room and mostly organized!

Here is a tour, clockwise, starting on the wall to the left of the door.

My awesome new/used hutch! Notice in the corner my door knob cabinet, yarn crate, and antique sewing machine... we'll come back to them...





Turning to the right, you see my Ikea Expedit shelving and desk, all my cool baskets full of sewing fabric and goodies, and my other sewing/crafty related stuff...patterns, fabric paint, felt, presser feet, etc...










To the right of the shelving is my new/used apothecary cabinet, now filled with sewing accessories such as, buttons, measuring tapes, ribbon, zippers, elastic, and on and on and on....


I hung my completed 'sisters' quilt above it, but it's feeling a little crowded, so I'll probably use it elsewhere. Gives me a little space to plan something for!









Keep turning right and you see my cool new hall tree with bench (or THRONE as it has been dubbed by my hubby and numerous sisters!)

I plan on getting some kind of hanging system for above the closet doors, to hang quilts-in-progress from.









Now, back to that corner... I'm not sure about the placement of this stuff...will play around with it and see if something better pops out. FYI-the blanket is for my kitties to sleep on...















And one last shot of my cute baskets on top of the shelving....


Notice: no red accents yet... I'm planning a seat cushion for the throne, and covering the 'box' above the window in a neat coordinating fabric.

Will post when complete!









1 comment:

  1. Steff, this is AWESOME! Doesn't it just make you want to go sew?!!! Only thing missing is photographs...how can you have a sewing room without mis-matched, fun photographs???
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete