Home

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hutch Refinish in Progress...


Remember the Hutch I'm refinishing?
Well here are some sneek peeks, and color adjustments:

This picture shows the FIRST green I tried. (I'm going for ultra cheap on this, I got the hutch for $30, and am using 'oops!' paint I tend to buy every time I see some, from Home Depot. $5 a gallon! Can't beat it!)
This picture doesn't really show the colors well (of course, got to figure out how to use my camera better!), but this green was too bold and bright for what I'm trying to achieve.

So, I grabbed yet another gallon of Oops! paint, and started on the second coat (on the right side). I figure the first coat will look good as an under-coat when I get to the distressing part of the project.

Again, this is an awful portrayal of the actual color. It's really a nice sagey green, not this yellow/gray looking thing.... the first pic is taken w/out a flash...



This pic is taken WITH a flash, but is not much better...









This is probably the best I'm going to get for now, the wall behind is a light creamy yellow, again...not shown so well here.

Gonna have to figure out how to get some actual good color shots!

Anywho, project "Studio/Sewing/Craft Room' is well underway! More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment