Home

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Oh a Thrifting we will go…

I grabbed Lauralee and went consignment store shopping today… what a fun outing! I totally recommend it if you have any consignment shops by you… not as shabby as the D.I. or Salvation Army (although we hit one of those also..), but the prices still remain low! How cool is that!

So I found:

Vintage pillow cases & thrifting stuff 001Vintage pillow cases & thrifting stuff 002Vintage pillow cases & thrifting stuff 004

Three AWESOME vintage pillowcases! Shannon has offered, to make us both a quilt top from them if I keep finding them for her! How cool would that be? (Oh yeah, $3 each)

I also found:

Vintage pillow cases & thrifting stuff 007Vintage pillow cases & thrifting stuff 008Vintage pillow cases & thrifting stuff 009

This really odd scarf sized thing, but it’s made out of light cotton. And states, “Warriors in Pink, powered by Ford” on the bottom corner.. Odd.. probably a breast cancer thing, but it has a cool pattern on it, and for $1 I figured I could come up with some use for it!

Next we have:

Vintage pillow cases & thrifting stuff 010Vintage pillow cases & thrifting stuff 013

Cool striped hankies, 4 for $3.. another score for the vintage quilt! And check out the tin bread pan! Isn’t that the coolest? I’m thinking it’s going to be used to store fat quarters in. It has the ‘folded’ tin ends.. like an envelope, shoulda taken a pic of that sorry.. scored this baby for $4.25!

The Jelly roll is the one I ordered from Pine Needles A MONTH AGO… it’s intended for a postage stamp quilt (I WAS going to quilt along with P.S. I Quilt’s quilt along, but didn’t get this jelly roll in time), along with my Max and Whiskers jelly roll.. will get to that soon hopefully!

And the candy, the white one is just a variety of fruit flavors, the Violet one is just weird. The first taste is good, but after a bit it tastes like your sucking on your grandma's purse. Dudley said it tastes like detergent. Cool looking, but not the best candy out there...

And last but not least:

Vintage pillow cases & thrifting stuff 011Earrings 001

On the left we have 1 of the 2 Woolrich 100% white cotton curtains I found, again $3 each. Total score! I’m going to hang them in my sewing room.. don’t know yet if I’ll dye them or not…

And on the right, 3 awesome pairs of earrings Lauralee made me! check out the ones in the center...yes, those are quilt blocks at the bottom! Darling right! I LOVE them all!

So today was rather eventful, hope yours was great fun too!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Steff, you totally scored! Awesome purchases, I would never have thought of a bread pan for fat quarters...that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete