Home

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cheesy Smoked Sausage and Potato Casserole

image

I was looking for something “new” for dinner tonight, found a smoked sausage in the freezer and looked online for ideas. I found this recipe from Hillshire Farms and modified it a bit with what I had on hand. It turned out really good!

Here’s what I did:

1 smoked sausage cut into chunks

1 20oz. bag hash browns (enough to fill a casserole dish)

1 ½ C shredded cheddar

1 C shredded mozzarella

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 onion chopped

¼ C butter melted

¼ tsp. pepper

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350*

Heat 4-5 Tbs. oil in skillet, and cook onion until clear over med-high heat. Add sausage and cook until browned. Remove from heat and set aside. In large bowl combine cheeses, mushroom soup, melted butter and pepper. Add sausage and onions and stir. Add frozen hash browns and mix thoroughly.

Pour the mixture into glass casserole or cake pan. Bake for 40-45 min. Enjoy!

I served it with green peas to get an additional veggie and some color in there… was very nummy! This one is a keeper!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It looks so yummy it's making me hungry. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete