Home

Monday, January 21, 2013

Fuzzy Baby Blankie!

IMG_4945

I was wandering through Walmart the other day & came across these 50” x 60” fleece blankets for $2.88! I immediately thought of baby blankets… these would be a great backing! So I picked a couple up to make blankies for the pregnant women I know.

IMG_4946

This morning I had the urge for a quilting fix, so I hauled out some random fabrics that matched the polka dot colors of the fleece blanket. I went with plain squares because I wanted a quick easy project I could finish in one day. I also scaled it down to 40” x 40” size.

IMG_4948

The colors seem to go well together! I didn’t use any batting in the quilt, just pieced the top & quilted it directly onto the fleece blanket. This makes it a lighter weight, but still warm blanket. Both pregnant women I know are having spring/summer babies, so these will be the perfect weight!

IMG_4952

I’m happy with the result, and my need for a quilting fix has been fulfilled!

IMG_4955

As a final touch I used the binding from the original blanket to tie it up with… cute!

 

The second baby is going to be a boy… the fleece I bought is sports themed… stay tuned for that one!

1 comment:

  1. It's so cute! What a great idea. It turned out adorable.

    ReplyDelete