Home

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Gateway Fountain!

We met my older sister and her kids downtown today to play in and around Gateway Mall.

She rode Front Runner down from Ogden area and the Trax over to the mall. We parked in a 2 hour parking zone down by Pioneer park (between 2 and 5 blocks away from Gateway.. depending on where you are in the huge outdoor mall).

Our first item of business was to let the kids play in the splash fountain. They had TONS O’ fun! About 2 hours worth actually! By the time they were wrapping it up, I had to hoof it 6 blocks down the road to move my car!  (Yes, I got my exercise in today..)

Gateway mall (3)Gateway mall (1)Gateway mall (5)Gateway mall (8)Gateway mall (9)Gateway mall (13)

After the fountain, we fed the kids the lunch we had packed in, then headed over to the new Planetarium. We played with their free exhibits for about an hour, then jumped on Trax to head over to Temple Square.

My sister and I were planning on picking up some lunch for ourselves somewhere along the way… we seriously never crossed the path of any food! We ended up munching on kiddie food (animal crackers, gummy bears, party mix), and pushing on!

By the time we’d gone through part of temple square and seen the reflecting pool, it had been over 2 hours since I’d moved my car. Since I didn’t want to risk a ticket (and I was getting shaky and irritable from lack of food), I decided to call it a day.

We left my sister and her kids at temple square to continue touring things, and headed back to the Trax station. By the time we made it back to the car it had been 3 hours since I moved it. Luckily no ticket!

I piled the kids in, Drew fell asleep before we hit the freeway, and this starving momma aimed straight for Chick Fil-A! I feel much better now….

Overall a very fun day! Oh yeah.. my camera battery died on me right after I took the fountain pics (only the second time in over a year!) so I didn’t get any other pics.. my sister did & I’ll post some of those when I get them from her!

1 comment: