Home

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Boys new bed!

I exchanged the free King size bed I got for Mom and Dad’s double size spare bed.. I dismantled the kids lower bunk bed, moved that mattress up top (which has never had a mattress on it, just a carpet covered board to play on), and created a full sized bottom bed!

Kids new bed, vintage bedspread fabric 001Kids new bed, vintage bedspread fabric 002

I used the lower bed support as a brace for the bedframe, you can see the metal poles against the wall. I just attached it to the top and bottom back legs. The Ikea shelving got stacked, and now pretty much every surface in the room (excluding the ceiling, but including the walls) is utilized:

Kids new bed, vintage bedspread fabric 004Kids new bed, vintage bedspread fabric 005

I think they like it!

Kids new bed, vintage bedspread fabric 007

2 comments:

  1. That looks like such a fun room! Super cozy and great to roll around and play. I believe you have organized every possible space you can. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive! It looks like a set for a movie!

    ReplyDelete