Home

Friday, February 11, 2011

Oh mah goodness! Valentine yumminess!

Check these out:

Valentines boxes and goodies 006

I found a Bobby Flay recipe for chocolate frosting…oh my… you need to try….

Creamy Chocolate Frosting:

  • 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 3/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa
  • Pinch of fine sea salt
  • 3/4 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
  • 1 teaspoon espresso powder

In a food processor, process the butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt until smooth, about 30 seconds, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the corn syrup and vanilla and process until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds. Scrape the sides of the bowl, and then add the melted chocolate and espresso and pulse until smooth and creamy, 10 to 15 seconds.

I used dark corn syrup (what I had in the house), and believe it or not I had Hershey’s Dutch cocoa powder. I did skip the espresso powder, but my my my…. this frosting is TO DIE FOR!

I used a plain old yellow cake mix for the cupcakes, and Drew insisted on strawberries at the store today, thought they'd add a bit of flavor and color and valentininess to them! Here’s to losing weight! ha ha ha….

1 comment:

  1. ACH! What are you trying to do? We are on the weight loss program not the weight gain!! These look way to fabulous to not try... Grrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete